fora/course

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 12:46:22 PDT

David, do you mean the list of references Yrjo put under his CHAT heading?
I am not sure what list you are talking about.

A while back we put together a set of "basic readings" here at LCHC and
I could make a list of those, but not until early October since I have to
head out of the country on Sunday and am still trying to get things propped
up here.

I would agree to any platform that other want. We might also consider some
streamed lectures from various people at intervals during the time span
David suggests.

I am less sympathetic to having parallel
"specialization" groups, although I understand the impulse well enough. At
LCHC we struggle NOT to separate out discussions by age or setting. Both the
need to study action and activity over time and the need to be conscious
of the context/activity one is focused on, and especially now that linked
systems of activities are a topic of concern, such specialization seems to
me a threat to our collective development. Hence, some sort of "integrated"
course which is inclusive (without being exhaustive) most appeals to me.

Because I have to simultaneously prepare to be away for two weeks and because
during this two weeks, UCSD is gearing up so I have a lot of propping up
to do, I'll leave this thread largely to others. I am still actively trying
to get ahold of my extension Dean who is in New York and has been trying
without success to reach me. But even that can wait. Both form and substance
appear to be congealing.
mike