online seminar

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 10:44:11 PDT

I am getting inquiries about an online seminar/course starting this fall. I
believe this is entirely possible and have been mulling over a set of
readily available readings. Our local extension dean has been away, and I
wanted to check to see if we could give people credit as a last resort
through UCSD while local folks checked on how they would handle credit.

Timing is a big a problem in the very short run. I leave for two weeks on
Sunday for a series of Luria memorial seminars in Europe and will have
limited email access during that time. I am willing to focus down hard on this
in October. In the mean time, if those interested could express that interest
with suggested texts it might help xmca participants to get a better idea of
what might transpire and whether/how they might want to participate. Certainly,
formal "course taking" ought not to be a pre-requisite for participation.
Probably as clearly, we do not want to swamp xmca with the activity and would
use webboard or some such facility.

Suggestions welcome.
mike

PS-- Some of the Luria sessions from Moscow will probably be streamed, but
at inconvenient hours for many. I am lookikng into how to preserve them for
any time access.