Re: chatting

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 09:20:04 PDT

Elina--
Pentti Hakarainen is doing a super job with JREEP which translates good new
stuff. Boris Danielovich (or you!) could send Pentti materials for translation
and voila, we have it.

As important as new materials are, there are already existing materials in
several languages sufficient for a decent first step curriculum. After all,
we we did this for only one period a year (leaving time for other activities
people are intrested in) we have enough materials on hand for a good time to
come, with Russian, English, Spanish, and Japanese as likely languages where
originals have been translated back and forth.

In addition to identifying textual materials, those interested need to
look into locally effective ways to get get credit that matters to them.

As Stuart Little reminds us (or was it Baba Yaga?) never put off til tomorrow
what you can do today.
mike