ohmmmmm

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 09:27:07 PDT

Just a couple of comments outside of my official capacity. N makes some
important points about course structure and accessibility -- a non-credit
option for a course may be useful to think about that may help in this
direction. N, what do you think?

Also -- there may be a way to build capacity -- if a future course will rely
upon texts that simultaneously exist in multiple languages, then, doing the
math, pickings will be slimmer than a course that will not have such a
constraint. If, on the other hand, making translations were an assignment
for a first course, then the course itself generates new materials.
Translations, once made, can then be subject to revision in subsequent
efforts. This comes with a different requirement -- multiliingual students
-- but perhaps something workable is a combination of these two versions.

Anyway, I seem to see more grad students interested in AT lately (probably
something that may be an effect of becoming "official") and there may be
others like me who have one or two locally who wish to learn more. I've one
that has expressed interest in an independent study about AT this fall -- so
i'm interested too.