two can tango

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 07:49:25 PDT

Good morning, Gordon.
So, there is at least one taker for an international course, and where there
are two and rumoured third, perhaps there is some potential. Why don't you
contact Pablo and lets see who else is interested.

We have some experience conducting such activities with Mexico which were
quite stimulating. Part of the trick is to find texts that exist in several
languages as a way to ground dicsussion when language knowledge is unevenly
distributed and thanks to Nate, we always have babblefish as a concept/language
learning tool.

As Judy notes, there are many issues to be resolved, but, as I commented to
Jim back a few days ago, where there are some wills....
mike