window of the soul

From: Ricardo Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 19:52:06 PDT

Hi all,

Recently I saw a brazilian movie picture named *Janela da Alma* (window of the soul)
directed by Joćo Jardim and Walter Carvalho.

It presents several deposition on the issue "watchXsee",
people as Joao Saramago, Wim Wenders and other vip personalities
like, for example, Oliver Sacks.
But there are also deposition of blind people
(a french blind photographer, a brazilian councillor and a brazilian musician).

Oliver Sacks speaks on the interrelatedness among emotion and visual perception of images.
And what he speaks on the screen is very simmilar to the main thesis of Vygotsky in
Psychology of Art (interrelatedeness among perception - feelings and imagination).

Could anyone give me refferences of Sacks' books-papers where this issue is approached by him?

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu
Professor da Universidade do Estado da Bahia-Uneb X
http://www.ricardojapiassu.pro.br