Fw: Call for papers

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 11:02:58 PDT

Call for papersI thought the following might be of interest to some xmca
members.

Paul H. Dillon

Dear Colleagues,

   A Brazilian journal devoted to culture, education, and human development
has begun publication under the editorship of Marcelo Guimaraes. It is
called the CEPAOS Review and can be located on-line at
http://www.cepaosreview.cjb.net/

         Marcelo Guimaraes & Carl Ratner are planning to edit a special
edition devoted to cultural psychology. This message is an invitation to you
to submit proposals/abstracts for papers. We will review these proposals
with a view toward publishing a coherent issue. After selecting proposals
which will serve this purpose, we shall ask those authors to prepare a full
article for publication. We will then review the full articles and provide
feedback to the authors for revisions where necessary.

         The special issue focuses on your conception of cultural psychology
and its future. We would like to know how you define cultural psychology,
what you think its fundamental principles are/should be, what issues it
explores. We'd like you to begin with your conceptualization and give
examples of issues and research which illustrate it. Then comment upon other
approaches and research that you feel strongly about to indicate the
distinctive nature of your approach. You may feel that other approaches
complement yours or contradict it. We'd also like your view of where
cultural psychology is headed and what your opinion of this trend is.

        We'd like to include a variety of approaches from a variety of
countries.

Please let us know if you would consider submitting a proposal and whether
you could do so by July 1, 2002. Please reply to Ratner at cr2@humboldt1.com
AND to Marcelo at cepaos@yahoo.com

Sincerely, Carl Ratner & Marcelo Guimaraes.