Re: Golder's last day "course" at USP

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 15:00:12 PDT

Dear Brazilian collagues,

        Thank you both for your information about Mario's talk and
your situation financially. There is much we cannot change, but we
can be certain that you are provided contemporary materials for your
work.

MCA is now electronic and $30.00 a year. If anyone in Brazil is denied
access for monetary reasons, they should write to the list and we can
organize to be sure they get access.

Many of us have access to electronic versions of journals through our
libraries. These can be saved as pdf files.

Until the military decides to cut us off from this medium of communication,
it DOES have the power to allow mutual assistance. As Jim said in a different
connection yesterday, its up to us how we use the tool.

So, please let us know if you are stuck for something that can be
transported electronically. I am sure many of us will be happy to do
so. If traffic gets heavy, we would probably need to have a committee
organized to see that there is not duplication of effort.
mike