Re: schooling and work

From: Julian S Williams (MEWSSJSW@fs1.ed.man.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 03:32:41 PDT

Geoff

Did not see your original post but we too are interested in such
things. An AERA paper (currently being developed further,
especially as concerns cultural tools, models and metaphor) on
this is on our web site via:

http://www.education.man.ac.uk/lta/

In the autumn we are starting a project with a College engineering
maths curriculum in which work-based 'research' projects will be
used with College students on AVCE courses. We plan to have the
full-time students visit and research the part-time
student/apprentices in local firms. Just doing some pilot studies
now.

Julian