schooling and work

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 16:06:04 PDT

Geoff-- Your project of working toward a design of future-work-oriented
education ought to elicit a variety of potentrial suggestions. I should
think that the "reality based" curriculum which is conducated by Gomez.
Bouillon, Kwako (the first and last at Northwestern U, the second at
U of Penn) would be an interesting group to be in contact with. I
believe the northwestern u web page, perhaps something associated with
school of education, should have descriptions and papers.

Joe Glick and colleagues do actual on the job education that might be
either modified or collaborated with in a program such as you are talking
about.

And isn't this an issue close to Helena Worthen's work?

My own work has been with younger kids and is not school-based so is probably
of little relevance.

mike