Second day of Mario Golder's semminar

From: Ricardo Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 10:24:22 PDT

He opened his speech, today, explaining
that in his oppinion AT and CHT are similar approaches to human psychisism,
although AT takes a specific portion of it as object of analyses.
According to him - and as the understanding I have of his thought -
AT focuses on "Subject - Subject interrelations".

He pointed that Psychology - with V , Lu and Ltev - became understood as a social science.

He also confirmed he does not put himself aside those who advocate a "separation" between AT and CHT - specially as done by what he called as "north american approach."

He reffered to the differences between Piaget and Vygotsky's approaches to "egocentric speech" [oralized inner speech]
bolding the problematic related to internalization.

Personal comments:

(1) In my oppinion there has been few time to discussion. Only 15 minutes at the "end" of each turn ( 08:30/10:00 - 10:00/12:00 ).
(2) If people at the audience could participate, all the time, asking and letting others know what they think, it would be much more interesting... a real discussion. But only he speaks, again and again... Trying to make some "transmition" of a knowledge that had been already put in books and internet...
(3) I think we, teachers and professors, need to learn how to hear more the students... to know better what they think... to manage much democratically the time... To make transmission of our thinking on something and not the transmition of that "something".
:-/

Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu
Professor da Universidade do Estado da Bahia-Uneb X
http://www.ricardojapiassu.pro.br