Re: AERA SIG themes, speakers

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 15:33:38 PDT

In a message dated 7/3/2002 6:34:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
jllbc@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

> Seeing identities
> as relational invokes the activities, the inter-linked different
> activities, across which our interactions with various partners, in various
>
> roles, make us the persons who act in these activities as we do. The
> trajectories of individual lives, and group biographies, weave connections
> across activity types and sites, sometimes in new ways that play a role in
> sociogenesis, cultural change, and history.

Jay;

I do not write this to be hypercritical but do you see Psychology as a viable
field or not? In the past you have been critical of it as even being a field
of study and now with this post it appears as if you are willing to accept
individual experiences as valid.

eric