Re: AERA SIG themes, speakers

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 07:03:19 PDT

Thanks Ellice -- yeah, Deborah should be credited with the original idea.

Folks,
My concern is fairness. If we are to allocate a presentation slot to an
invited speaker, then that makes one less available to SIG members. This is
a decision that needs to be made before reviewing begins, so it is good to
see what everyone thinks. Please post a note. After a week or so for
discussion I'll set up a voting booth.

(I don't plan on presenting within the SIG, so i do not have a vested
interest.)

Also -- please vote on the SIG theme at:
http://chsig.freepolls.com/cgi-bin/polls/001/poll_center.htm

gotta run,
bb