Re: Psychology and Marxism Updates

From: Roland Chrisjohn (rchrisjo@stthomasu.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 03:59:48 PDT

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:11:46 +1000
  Andy Blunden <ablunden@unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

>and also likewise often of the sources of psychosis. Is
>anyone aware of work in relation to the concept of
>"alienation" as developed by Marx in relation to
>commodity production, as a foundation for psychosis?
>
>Andy

Hi Andy. I'm not near my library, but there is more than
a little around on this topic. Just off the top of my
head, there's Diane Ralph's "Work and Madness," Peter
Leonard's "Personality and Ideology: Toward a Materialist
Understanding of the Individual," and parts of James
Rinehart's "The Tyranny of Work." I'd argee that there's
a lot more to be mined here, however.

Roland Chrisjohn