RE: Bateson

From: Judy Diamondstone (judith.diamondstone@verizon.net)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 21:41:29 PDT

Hi, Eric -- I admit that I haven't read the literature that Keith and Jay
refer to, so I can't comment on the substance of their arguments/
differences. I was searching the web for an argument I remembered between
Bateson & Margaret Meade (about whether to leave the camera stationary for
research or to shoot pictures more purposively -- arguably also relevant to
the discussion) & found the quote I posted to xmca right before reading
xmca, so it just seemed apropos.
Judy