looking for the Engestrom article "When is a tool"

From: Jim Rogers (fajimr@cc.usu.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 12:35:25 PDT

Greetings all,

As a relative newcomer, I was hoping my first post to this group would be
some pithy remark but alas I remain on the periphery, hoping to contribute
more substantally at some point.....

In any case, I am working on my paper for ISCRAT which addresses the issue
of tertiery artifacts. While reading Cole's article on Cultural Psychology
(sorry Mike, the book is on my growing 'to read' list), I came across a
reference to Engestrom's article "When is a tool" (in his 1990, Learninig ,
Working, and imagining: Twleve studies in Activity theory). After waiting
some time for our interlibrary dept to get me the book, I finally called
today and they said there were only three libraries that have the title, one
of which is in the U.S. (for those interested, one was in Canada and one in
Africa?????). In addition, our bookstore can't order the book, nor could I
find it on amazon.com.

If anyone has a copy of the book and would be willing to make me a copy of
the article, I would be more than happy to pay for the photocopy, postage,
and a grolsch or two in Amsterdam... Rather than post my address here and
receive 10 copies of the article, I will simply ask that you e-mail me and I
will send one person my address.

thanks in advance,
jim

Jim Rogers