levels of what?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 17:40:36 PDT

Keith--

What are all the figures from Rogoff about that are shadded to show different
foci-- individual, group, entire setting with all its particiipants? How can
one draw such pictures and make such distinctions and then say they are not
distinctions.

Lenses?

In general, the conflation of rogoff, lave&wenger, wertsch, engestrom, cole,
etc ad nauseum needs attention.

Sorry I can't really get into this. I am teaching an extra class so our
seniors can graduate, teaching via DL at a Community College, and teaching
for a colleague who is away for a while. Taking time to breathe is an
exertion and this sort of discussion needs to be slow, grounded in texts
that are shared, and in knowledge of the trajectory of people's thinking.

Short of that, we invite confusion and we have plenty of that! (To which
I am adding probably)
mike