ch sig

From: Judy Diamondstone (judith.diamondstone@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 15:49:00 PDT

Dear members and supporters of the Cultural-Historical SIG,

Last year, King & Eugene invited proposals for an annual theme for the
Cultural HIstorical SIG, which seemed to work really well, so we, this
year's officers, would like to invite proposals for an annual theme for
2003.

        If you have an idea, you can post it on the SIG website:

        http://ematusov.soe.udele.du/CH-SIG

        which should hopefully be updated.

        If you have problems posting to the website right away, wait a couple days,
        or just reply to this message.

Like last year, we'll ask everyone to vote to decide on SIG themes,
priorities, and other culture-shaping-stuff

                                ALSO

As Bill previously mentioned, the SIG can sponsor an award through AERA.
We'd like to assign it for outstanding work in Cultural Historical Activity
Theory produced by a graduate student the previous year, to encourage and
support new scholars. Keep this in mind as you grade final papers :) More
on this and other momentous decisions & events to come.

With best wishes to all,

Bill Barowy
Co-President
email: wbarowy@attbi.com