Re: musing "aloud"

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 09:08:50 PDT

More musing. Michael J. Fox's autobiography was being broadcast on BBC radio
this week. A couple of chilling stories about how US citizens went straight
to welfare and poverty from middle class occupations from which they were
ejected when it was discovered they had Parkinson's Disease. Presumably they
were also then lost health coverage as he mentioned the high cost of the
drugs they needed.

They wrote to Fox saying we don't mind you getting lots of publicity as long
as you can get some for us too...

At the risk of sounding smug at a time when everyone in Britain is going on
about a crisis in the National Health Service, the principles of free care
for all funded from taxation would certainly not let that happen, though
rationing is creeping in at the margins.

Bruce Robinson