Re: adobe and PDF

From: Keith Sawyer (ksawyer@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 07:25:43 PDT

The full reference for "Emergence in psychology" can be found on the first page of the PDF article, and I reproduce it here in response to Ricardo's question:

Sawyer, R. K. (2002). Emergence in psychology: Lessons from the history of non-reductionist science. Human Development, 45, 2-28.

I highly recommend this journal for all psychologists interested in theoretical questions.  Until a few months ago, it was edited by Barbara Rogoff of UC Santa Cruz, and as of November 2001 it is edited by Geoffrey Saxe of UC Berkeley.

As Mike points out, just about all of the articles posted on LCHC are in PDF.  I don't know of any other way to post an image of a published article like "Emergence in psychology".  As Bill Blanton confirms, the Adobe download is free if all you need to do is read PDF files.

Most PDF files cannot be saved on your own computer, but they can be printed on your local printer.