Re: remarkable coincidences

From: wbarowy@attbi.com
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 17:14:53 PDT

I don't think it is so eery (as i may have in the past)
but only at a gut level, e.g. another coincidence are
some authors close to home who have come to the same
kind of conclusions on the papers they are working on
more or less "independently". maybe the convergences
are something "in the air" so to speak with "air" being
something between an institutional and a global scale --
it may be, in perversion of Durkheim's words, the
current which sweeps us off our feet, and places us on
the same sandbar. And metaphor is only as far as i can
understand it. A really good puzzle, eh?