topics

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 09:40:12 PST

Dear XMCA-ites-- Peggy tells me that the Keith Sawyer paper on emergentism
is on the xmca web page. There is also an MCA paper on gendering of work
practices.

Perhaps, however, people might begin by recounting something interesting
or perplexing about the AERA meetings.

For me, it was interesting how many papers referred to "socio-cultural
research" with so little agreement about what the basic concepts, methods,
or interesting phenomena to study might be. If in diversity there is hope,
this could be taken as a hopeful situation.

I also came away appreciating all the hard work that Eugene and King had
done to set up (well used!) venues for discussion.

Et Vous?
mike