Sharing of discoordination/coordination

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 16:03:54 PST

In a message dated 2/22/2002 11:56:16 AM Central Standard Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> But there was something incongruous to them.,
> collectively and individually, about his experience which they could
> then talk about.
>
> And, most important, when the laughter occurred, all felt that they knew
> why the others were laughing just at the moment when they laughed.
>
> Make of it what you will. I take this to be an example of selective
> discoordination that reveals something about others' thought processes.
> Laughter is not the only such expression, of course. Surprise, chagrin,
> horror, etc. can all be evoked, and maybe even conceptual change.

Mike,
Reading this I was struck by how similar this sounds to an article I read by
chomsky regarding the subject of Propoganda (written in the late 90's
sometime). I enjoy reading his philosophy because of its linguistic
orientation, he is nondevelopmetnal in his approach to language development
so I don't agree but regardless he was discussing this shared feeling people
get when an event provides joint meaning and likened it much to how different
agencies have used propoganda over the years to capetalize on this phenomena.
 Your discussion of psychological enterprise is always greatly appreciated
and speaks much to your understanding of research based experiments.

Eric