Re: discoordinations

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 16:16:28 PST

In a message dated 2/22/2002 3:56:44 PM Central Standard Time,
dewey@mac.boisestate.edu writes:

> . In each case if people individually do not change,
> then we have not helped them in the way we intend.

And we must be willing to accept that some students will not learn from our
instruction, assistance, facilitation, mediation, what have you and just get
out of their way to acknowledge their own success.

the list is endless of self-educated genuises who needed nothing to do with
any formalized teaching/learning metaphor.

A methodology on the other hand would take into account those individual's
who develop outside the norm.

Once again I would like to emphasize that it is from disability that we are
able to define ability and not the other way around.

Nice to hear from you again Dewey!
Eric