Jumping Ship

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 16:35:37 PST

In a message dated 2/18/2002 2:56:12 PM Central Standard Time,
phillip.capper@webresearch.co.nz writes:

> Education reform since 'A Nation at Risk' has sought to align the
> school systems in English speaking countries even more towards the
> requirements of the economic system (that document did for us all - not
> just
> the USA).
>
> That's why I got out.

Phillip,

The reason for maintaining resisitance against the policy-makers is the same
reason you became disgusted with the field.

I have spent numerous hours reading and posting to XMCA because I feel it
necessary to resist against policy-makers, granted xmca is rather low on the
policy totem but still it is of much greater significance then writing
editorials to my local newspaper.

Practice is the substance of change and removing oneself from active practice
will only remove oneself from active understanding of the actual substance
one is theorizing about.

Eric Ramberg