Post a paper?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 08:53:40 PST

Dear Xmca-ites--

So many interwoven topics.

David, could you send us a draft of the paper you refer to which we could
post for people to read. I am sure it would enrich the discussion. We
are having a new MCA article posted which involves AT and gender since that
issue has been raised but not responded to.

Helen-- Is there a description of your work that we might post. There has
been almost no response to my query about support of minority group folks
and like you, a lot of my work involves work in the community where the
issue of helping people gain access to employable knowledge, although we
go about it differently (in so far as I understand how you go about it).

A long day of seminars and meetings ahead. Our very warm weather has
brought a devastating fire with it.

Lets see. Some questions.

How can we best address the issue of complemetarity versus incommensurability
in thinking about different theoretical positions?

Does grounding our discussions in concrete practices help us in that
former endeavor?

hasta luego
mike