joint activity?

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 14:29:36 PST

Hi Kevin,

I might offer a take on joint activity that takes into account the distinction
Nash made between collaborative and competitive activity (maybe both are joint
activity, with different individual and collective outcomes) which could be in
the form of a thought experiment involving leont'evs hunting episode with
alternately collaborative or competitive hunters) and orienting towards an
Object. I think this is aiming at BB's question just in over the wires. There
are fundamentally different aspects in the intersubjectivity of collaboration
and competition, and these play out in all kinds of places, from anti-trust
suites, to "fixed" competitive games. But there is no time for it now --
maybe later. In the meantime, just this alteration of Mike's question, cause
i'd love to see:

How are Piagetian and Vygotskian analyses of the interaction mike posted
different (in any important ways)?

=====
Bill Barowy

"Everything is a becoming, without beginning or end"