Re: spontaneously creating a zoped

From: William E. Blanton (blantonw@miami.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 14:04:33 PST

David

Your response to Mike's post is interesting and in line with what I have
been reading. We are in the process of beginning to develop instructional
units for our International 5D consortium that exchanges undergraduates
between the EU and the US to participate in undergrad education. Some of
the undergrad courses we use may focus on CHAT, while others are intro ed
psy courses that focus on Piaget, LSV and others. Trying to identify video
and fieldnotes to contextualize each theory principles becomes an all
consutimg task. I went back and re-read some of Joseph Swab's work on
polyfocal conspectus. Briefly, he proposes taking material (video, case,
fieldnote) for the purpose of explaining the events. One applies each
theory to the event, followed by the next. The theories are never
intermingled. It does seem that students might tire from the same
material. On the other hand, the same material might enable them to
differentiate differences among theories. I am in the process of deciding
a direction.

Bill Blanton