virus

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 10:04:54 PST

I had this virus on my hard drive but deleted it in time. Be sure to follow
leigh's directions because I have sent mail to xmca and you may be infected.
mike

----
>From: Susan Leigh Star <lstar@ucsd.edu>

I received a virus through an email. It goes to everyone in your address book. It lies dormant for 14 days then kills your hard drive. PLEASE FIX THIS NOW. Since you are in my or Geof's address book on our computer, you need to do the following. Even if you may have already done it, when I opened my computer, I probably re-infected yours. Apologies for multiple postings. Leigh

1. Go to "Start:, then to "Find" or "Search" depending on your computer. 2. In the "Search for Files or Folders" type sulfnbk.exe This is the name of the virus. 3. In the "Look In" section, make sure you are searching Drive C. 4. Hit "Search" or "Find" 5 If your search finds this file, it will be an ugly blackish icon (if you use icons to show files) that will have the name sulfnbk.exe DO NOT OPEN IT. If it does not show up on your first "Search" try a "New Search". 6. Right click on the file. Go down to "Delete" and left click. 7. You will be asked if you want to send the file to the Recycling Bin. Say "Yes". 8. Go to your Desktop (where all your icons are) and right click on the recycle bin and either manually delete the sulfnbk.exe program by right clicking and then hitting "Delete" and left clicking or empty the entire bin. 9. If you found the virus on your system, send this or a similar e-mail to all the people in your address book because this is how it is transferred.

Sorry, but it only takes a minute to clean it up.