Re: good advice

From: Gary D Shank (shank@duq.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 13:03:04 PST

i agree that elizabeth's advice is great
one strategy that i have used is what i call the 10 times rule
if i read ten posts in a row, on any list mind you, from a person where it
is clear to me that the person is, to quote my grandma 'just trying to
make trouble' then i delete that person's subsequent posts unread for the
next month.
after a month, then i read the person's next post. if it is still the
same, i continue to delete unread for another month. if the third try is
still problematic, then i put the person in my kill file.
you would be surprised how irrelevant most of those discarded posts are --
since they do not seem to have much impact on the real discussions. as
you might guess, i didnt read the original jokes....

gary