Re: xmca wild rice soup makes high art!

From: Katherine Brown (kathyebrown@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 08:42:03 PST

Dear Bill (and Dan, nice to see ya in print)
How delightful!!!How many years has it been that this recipie has been simmering
on the net? I am so glad to see it enjoyed by so many, and I apppreciate the
interesting modifications--well done!! Its sweet that you have preserved my
little preamble.
I did make this soup when I lived in Northern Cal for awhile, (most of the
herbivores up there in Napa are dairy cows, although in Solano County there are
Tule elk..)
but sunny southern Cal does not inspire me to make cream soups very often
....however, if you're interested, I have a pretty swanky french carrot soup that
involves lemon zest and one turnip, and I make an outrageously addictive Gazpacho
that you can pretty much live on in the summer. Anyway, thanks for sharing!!
Katherine Brown