Re: impenetrable communities

From: Geoff Hayward (geoff.hayward@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 09:19:18 PST

I know what you mean! We had a reading seminar here on Tuesday with about 20
people and we emerged with several different understandings of the meaning
of community. We are now searching for examples of what we think are
communities of practice and what we think are not in the hope that we can be
clearer about an ostensive definition of CoP.