Re: Chocolates and stuff...

From: Geoff Hayward (geoff.hayward@educational-studies.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 10:11:40 PST

Good news (about the manuscript if not the chocolate). Whilst developing my
response (still being developed) to Mike's question before Xmas (about why
we were using Activity theory rather than CoP) I came across a whole raft of
stuff on xmca about community that emerged when we were discussing Learning
by Expanding last spring/early summer. I guess this will all be available
from the xmca web site. The main message I took from the e-mails was a
degree of confusion about the term community and the way it is used by Jean
Lave and Etienne, and by Yrjo et. al.