Re: Happy New Year everyone!

From: David H Kirshner (dkirsh@lsu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 08:47:38 PST

Thanks, Don.
I'd never read Dewey's creed before. In recent years I've gained the
impression that much work in psychology is motivated by teaching
implications--what we want to construct as "implications (of theory) for
pedagogical practice" more often actually is developed in reverse as
"implications (of pedagogy) for theory." Dewey's pedagogical creed
reverbrates with the pedagogical themes toward which many theorists still
aim their theorizing.
Happy New Year.
David Kirshner

David Kirshner