A.V. Brushlinsky

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 11:47:15 PST

Andrei Brushlinky, the head of the Insitute of Psychology, Russian Academcy
of Sciences, was murdered this evening as he was entering his apartment by
a robber.

Andrei and I have had our differences over the years -- he was a staunch
advocate of the Rubenshtein version of activity theory and a severe
critic of Vygotsky and Leontiev. But he was an honest person who did his
best under difficult circumstances, and did not deserve to be murdered for
his money-- of which there wasn't much-- since he worked for the Russian
Academy which has little to pay its scholars.

RIP, Andrei.
mike