Re(2): xmca down the river.

From: Phillip White (Phillip_White@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 20:09:13 PST

bill scrobe:

>However, I understand Mary's response/answer to make an object of his
>utterance. The objectification created the disturbance. If Mary had not
>objectified his utterance, the community may not have been disturbed.
>Mary and others have been "addressing the community and members of the
>community have been answering. In turn, members of the XMCA community have
>been learning and reflecting on new understandings and tools.

        certainly the case for me - and i'm indeed grateful to Mary's, Molly's,
Elizabeth's and diane's perserverence in cuttin close to the grain - the
sharpness and accuity of their insights help me gain greater clarity about
CoP, marginalization, peripheral and full participation and a way of
practicing compassionate curiosity. Thank you!

        i also worry for the psycological pain the would necessarily have had to
go through picking up each thread of the posting and attentively and
caringly worked through to make visible to others what was all to clear
for them. that took a particular act of courage. and act of courage that
put themselves on the line and yet provided for a greater strenghtening of
the CoP of xmca.

phillip

* * * * * * * *
* *

The English noun "identity" comes, ultimately, from the
Latin adverb "identidem", which means "repeatedly."
The Latin has exactly the same rhythm as the English,
buh-BUM-buh-BUM - a simple iamb, repeated; and
"identidem" is, in fact, nothing more than a
reduplication of the word "idem", "the same":
"idem(et)idem". "Same(and) same". The same,
repeated. It is a word that does exactly what
it means.

                          from "The Elusive Embrace" by Daniel
Mendelsohn.

phillip white