Diane's paper

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 17:56:43 PST

Diane,

In an effort to promote the use of qualitative studies and place quantitative
studies in their proper place I think it is time we (educators) view your
type of paper as having validity for understanding the concept of studying
education and what it can provide for changing that which is excess baggage.
Ethnography is not just the method of quantifying subjects of study but is a
process for understanding distinct dynamics that occur between individuals in
a mundane setting, rather then the sterile confines of a laboratory. I am
sure you are being self critical because it is obvious you take your craft of
writing very seriously and as any perfectionist could well attest it is
difficult to defend one's own papers.

Eric