The subject/s of ethnography

From: Mary Bryson (brys@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 11:47:57 PST

On the subject of ethnography (ha ha aren't words lovely) I wrote something
a few months ago which I put on the WWW in case it is of any interest. I was
grappling, here, with notions of subjectivity, identity, and ethnographic
practices.

Me/No Lesbian: The Trouble with ³Troubling Lesbian Identities²

(In Press) International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education

http://www.educ.ubc.ca/faculty/bryson/menolesbian.html

Mary
School is an institution built on the axiom that learning is the result of
teaching. And institutional wisdom continues to accept this axiom, despite
overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Ivan Illich.

Mary Bryson, Associate Professor, ECPS, Faculty of Education, University of
British Columbia

Research Site: http://www.shecan.com and http://www.e-capacity.ca
Digital Studio Site: http://www.digital-studio.org