RE: Dewey's Creed

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 07:20:38 PST

Eric, distinctions like "learning" and "development" have always been pretty
fuzzy to me so its never clear to me that one invariably follows or leads
the other. Watching my new grand daughter (7 mo.) this Christmas was a joy!
She started to creep while she was here. Learning? Development?
Assimilation? Accommodation? Maturation? Agency? I saw all of this and more.
But these, of course, are my distinctions as a psychologist of a particular
persuasion. Others in the room saw different things, made different
distinctions. Thank goodness for that!

djc