Re: viral bruce

From: NaTe (vygotsky@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 03:45:55 PST

Surprisingly! Usually it is only good at
stealing 80 percent or more of your system
resources.

My personal recomendation which is also free
for American users (beta for others) is

 AVG 6.0
http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.html
Good program and regular updates. Have never
had a virus. Its pretty cool when you get one
- screen goes blank and this black screen
takes control of your conputer and asks how
you'd like to proceed. Best thing - a must -
is put outlook and express to sleep . They are
very, very bad.

ZoneAlarm:http://www.zonelabs.com/
This is free and works great. There are
upgrdes you can buy but the free version is no
less functional, t ois a personal firewall
that is a must for cable, DSL people and good
idea for others to.

11/30/2001 4:36:26 AM, Peter Smagorinsky
<psmagorinsky@home.com> wrote:

>Norton antivirus screened this for me--I
strongly recommend a good virus
>program these days. p
>At 05:11 PM 11/29/01 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>Be careful of the _bruce.rob virus! I just
got one which I knew enough
>>to delete ahead of time. It has an "audio/x-
wav" extension.
>>mike
>
>"O humankind. We have created you male and
female and have made you as
>nations and tribes so that you might know one
another. The noblest of you
>in the sight of God is the one who is best in
conduct." Quran 49:13

>"That which is hateful to you, do not do unto
your neighbor." Torah