Re: subjected

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 07:19:24 PST

In a message dated 11/27/2001 11:58:27 PM Central Standard Time,
dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> the verbal sources of data are problematic of course, because inflection
> and gesture say as much as a pause or a deflection, the incomplete
> sentence is more profound than the perfected description,
> but it is the very incompleteness of it that is the site of creation and
> invention on the part of the researcher, trying to "know" what others mean
> by what they say, and so on.

Diane,
I am reminded of the Beatles recent release of out takes of their many
recordings. In particular there is a succession of three recordings of
Strawberry Fields that begins with John Lennon recording the song for the
first time in his basement. If I were to hear that song without having ever
heard the George Martin produced song I don't think I would be very fond of
it but because I was familiar with the end result I am able to appreciate the
creative process involved.

Eric