Re: : Gifted Ed in California

From: Esteban Diaz (ediaz@csusb.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 12:03:01 PST

Pete,
While I worked at UCSD San Diego City schools got a Title VII
grant to find alternative ways to identify ELLs for gifted programs. The
director of the project was Rosa Perez. I don't think the project is
still ongoing but I am pretty sure that they are using some
of alternative procedures to identify gifted ELLs. You might contact
the district office.
Esteban Diaz