Re: Bandura on biology and psychology

From: NaTe (vygotsky@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 14:59:27 PST

Bill,

What I found interesting was the more complex
relationship he put forward in that piece.
Also, it helps to remember who he was in a
conversation with (against).

I thought his comments on biological
evolutionism were right on.

11/7/2001 8:14:45 AM, Bill Barowy
<wbarowy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Quick note -- I've got to drive to the
airport to try to recover my suitcase --
>one problem i see with Bandura's work
(especially earlier work) is that it
>leans towards environmental determinism --
and does not address well the
>reciprocal agency of the individual with its
context. Granted, Bandura does
>explain well some aspects of the historical
conditioning of the individual.
>But not to throw out the baby with the
bathwater, since these things are worked
>out in some detail, one can draw upon them to
explicate the more full and rich
>reciprocality of human interactions with each
other and with things, across a
>variety of timescales, given the traces of
any microgenetic timescales remain
>across much longer ones.
>
>bb
>

>--- NaTe <vygotsky@home.com> wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Some very interesting points from the
glance I took. The focus on "history"

<bruce.rob@btinternet.com> wrote:

>=====
>"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand
somewhat apart from yourself and watch
yourself softly become the author of something
beautiful."
>[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through
it."]