Re: eclectism and oxymorons

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 19:34:43 PST

Actually Bruce -- I am NOT advocating eclecticism. But I think I am coming to
the conclusion that eclecticism is not so much a problem as some would make it
out to be. I think a charge of eclecticism is a idealogical one that may be
intended, as many idealogical claims are, an action of enforcing control and
consequently, making exclusion and inclusion happen. Being eclectic in some
circles, is not acceptable, and what is eclectic seems to be decided primarly
on the ideal plane

But i have to get back to class. Perhaps more tomorrow.

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]