Re: RE: expanding boundary objects

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 02:05:53 PST

In addition to the pahe Linda pointss to there is another paper "The
social Life of Documents"
http://www.parc.xerox.com/ops/members/brown/papers/sociallife.html
which is a precursor to the whole book "The Social Life of Information "
(Brown and Duguid, 2000).

We have incorporated some of these ideas in tools we have been creating
here in Bangor. A discussion of the way we have approached the issue is on
the website of the company formed by Labordy Dysgu colleagues:
http://www.theknownet.com following the "ideas" link.

Martin Owen
Labordy Dysgu- Learning Lab
Prifysgol Cymru Bangor- University of Wales, Bangor

"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?"