I can agree wtih this!

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 12:56:04 PDT

Hi Eric-- At least we can agree on the following:

 Once again language and
how people personally define words as well as use those words is presenting a
mini crisis within our ranks isn't it Mike?

Its an ongoing condition of our joint activity and only rises to the level
of a crisis from time to time.

There was still no cult of personality in the USSR when Vygotsky criticized
Luria, at least not as that term came to be understood.

A word we are using differently, Eric, is phylogeny. I take it to mean,
roughly, the history of our species. I think the time scale you are
referring to I would call cultural-history, but I am not sure.
mike