Re: pushing too far metaphors of half bakedness

From: Martin Owen (mowen@rem.bangor.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 05:35:34 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Oh my. If one only thinks of all the places to find local yeast, beer
>will
>never be the same. Just which district is this brewhouse in?

Brussles is the main area for Lembic brewing ( there is a sort of citrus
flavour to lembic beer which makes them very pleasant in summer).There is
a a district just north of the Gare du Midi in Brussles (as you get to
Anderlecht) where there is a lembic brewery museum, a must see for anyone
who isnot on a "tuesday it must be Belgium". It is much more authentic
than the main Brussels brewing museum. Belgium has so many beers ( a bar
in Liege, Le Vaudree has a list for over 1000). I know of a PhD thesis in
KUL Leuven on the approriateness of shapes of glass for maximum beer
statisfaction. Oh,the joys of being an academic and engaging in debates on
the crisis in brewing technology!

 I beleive that Duff is best taken straight from the tin.

Have you ever wondered why trappists find it difficult to speak?

Martin Owen
Labordy Dysgu- Learning Lab
Prifysgol Cymru Bangor- University of Wales, Bangor

"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?"