Re: LSV's 'Crisis' Week 2: Section 8

From: Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 06:18:27 PDT

These cotations of LSV presented by you Bruce reiforces the inner contradictions of his positivist discourse I reffer because, latter, he will advocate THE TRUTH and the validity of only one truth - although he is right to depict how the "indirect method" goes beyond the concrete perceptual camp of an observer.

(...) it is impossible to transfer facts from one theory to
another.' (270) 'Facts obtained by means of different principles of
knowledge are _different_ facts.' (278) (Underline by me)

If, as you had posed weel,
"This is the essence of Vygotsky's 'indirect
method' which enables us to see knowledge acquisition as labour, as
mediated activity using both mental and embodied tools." (Underline by me)
and he himself says sciences
' (...) Generally speaking, they reconstruct it, they re-create the subject of study
through the method of interpreting its traces or influences (...) (Underline by me)
it seems to me that his conceptual frame is just one of possibles ways of understanding "experience" because the concepts he uses make sense only in the historical-cultural theory of reading psychical phenomena - if we understand it since the theorical conception of concepts perspective.