General PSYCHOLOGY

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 08:24:29 PDT

Eric you wrote:

I would think that a General Psychological theory would embrace sociology,
linguistics, economics, politics and any other discipline that chooses the
human species and all of their functions.

Why call that psychology and not, for example, Cultural Historical Activity
Theory? We might retreat the 19th century terms, humane sciences, but they
were not inclusive of some disciplines you do not mention, like evolutionary
biology, which, in my view, must be included in any encompassing theory
of human nature.
mike