Re: luria and freud

From: Ricardo Ottoni Vaz Japiassu (rjapias@uol.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 12:32:33 PDT

Thank you once more Mike.
  -----Mensagem original-----
  De: Mike Cole <mcole@weber.ucsd.edu>
  Para: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
  Data: Terça-feira, 9 de Outubro de 2001 12:53
  Assunto: luria and freud

  Ricardo-- I know of nothing in spanish on this topic. I published Luria's
  article on Freudism and monistic psychology at some point in Soviet Psychology
  but cannot put my hands on the ref quickly.

  In the second edition of Voloshinov's book on Freudism there is a chapter
  that was left out of the first english language edition that criticizes
  luria's ideas. In *Making of Mind*, in there is some discussion of his
  views on this topic including his entry on Freud in the Great Soviet Encyclo-
  pedia of (I think, 1941). Van der veer and Valsiner probably have the
  refs.
  mike